Friday, April 18, 2008

Does anyone think that...

... Cotto can stop Margarito?

I think that Cotto could stop Margarito but it won't be with a head shot. I reckon that Margarito has never been in with a body puncher like Cotto before and it will be interesting to see how Tony responds to that. In addition I wouldn't rule out Margarito stopping Cotto as like you say, Cotto has had his moments against punchers like Judah and Torres. I think the question is whether Margarito can survive such an high intense body attack - that's why I once would've picked Hatton over Margarito just before he fought Collazo. And on seeing the evidence of the Collazo fight, Margarito would've killed Hatton I think. Anyway I am going for a Cotto KO11 or a very wide decision - Margarito starts off too slow.

Do you think that Mayweather has to fight Cotto to be considered an all-time great if Cotto beats Margarito? I do. Miguel would be a double world-champion and he would have a win over the other champion in Quintana (a pretty brutal win as well). I actually think that Cotto is the no.1 welterweight at the moment because who has Mayweather beaten at welterweight? Baldomir, a blown up Hatton and Mitchell who had been destroyed by Tszyu.

No comments: